According to the Norks, they’re already taking technical measures to live up to the promise they made to dismantle their nuke test site.
This is from Yonhap News, the largest South Korean news agency:
North Korea announced Saturday it is taking “technical measures” to dismantle its northern nuclear test site, moving closer to honoring an offer made by its leader Kim Jong-un during the inter-Korean summit last month.
The North’s foreign ministry issued a press release, carried by the state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), detailing the country’s plans to shut down its Pyunggye-ri nuclear test ground.
The English-language statement said the ruling Workers’ Party and other relevant institutions are “taking technical measures for dismantling the northern nuclear test ground” in order to “ensure transparency of discontinuance of the nuclear test.”
During the third inter-Korean summit on April 27, Kim told South Korean President Moon Jae-in that he would “carry out the closure of the northern nuclear test site in May,” according to Seoul’s presidential office, Cheong Wa Dae.
Yet another good sign that Trump is actually getting somewhere with the Norks. Of course, we should take everything they say with a grain of salt. They have much too long a history of evil acts covered up by false and exaggerated statements. But on the other hand, their economic failures coupled with international pressure might be really forcing them to come clean.
That’s what, ostensibly, is leading them to the negotiating table:
— Fox News (@FoxNews) May 12, 2018
So, we’ll have to see how it develops…
N. Korea says only journalists from S. Korea, China, U.S., Britain, Russia can cover nuclear test site dismantling…
And they’ve announced the date:
BREAKING: North Korea says it will hold a "ceremony" for the dismantling of its nuclear test site on May 23-25.— The Associated Press (@AP) May 12, 2018
Boom! Or rather, no more booms.