Looks like the news media is eating crow today.
They are forced to point out that Trump was right about the January Yemen raid being a huge success, despite media reports calling it a failure:
CNN – Several US officials told CNN Thursday that the US is now taking action to locate and monitor hundreds of people or “contacts” found as part the intelligence retrieved during the deadly raid last month in Yemen targeting al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.
Some of these people are believed to be in the West but not in the Unites States.
The government is taking action to find and monitor these AQAP-linked individuals because of the threat to Europe they may pose, the officials added.
The fact that officials are actively pursuing leads uncovered from the raid indicates that the intelligence was indeed actionable despite some media reports to the contrary.
The terabyte’s worth of intelligence gathered from computers and cell phones is now being reviewed at the National Media Exploitation Center outside Washington, which analyzes documents, electronic media, cell phones, video and audio tapes seized on overseas missions.
Trump had said early on that this mission was a success and reiterated it a couple of nights ago as he remember William Ryan Owens and his Gold Star widow Carryn Owens.
Fox News has also reported today that the airstrikes in Yemen today were based on the intel we got from that January Yemen raid: