A few days ago we told you about how Ivanka Trump was being viciously attacked for posting a cute photo of her and her son on social media.
Well now Samantha Bee has joined in on these disgusting attacks, calling Ivanka a ‘feckless c**t’ for posting the photo:
DAILY BEAST – Samantha Bee really did not want to talk about Roseanne Barr’s racist tweets on Full Frontal this week.
“We’re going to talk about racism and I just popped an Ambien, so buck up everyone!” she said at the top of her show as Barr’s photograph flashed briefly on the screen behind her. “Believe it or not, something even more important was on Twitter this week.”
Bee was talking about the Trump administration’s policy of separating undocumented children from their parents after they cross into the United States. “Tearing children away from their parents is so evil it’s the inciting incident in almost every movie we’ve ever cared about,” from Taken to Finding Nemo.
The host actually admitted that Trump was “half right” when he blamed the policy on Democrats. “No, Donald Trump didn’t invent this issue, he’s just making it so much worse.”
That brought Bee to Ivanka Trump, who came under fire this past weekend for posting a loving picture of herself with her son amid the reports about the forced separation of families by her father’s regime.
“Ivanka Trump, who works at the White House, chose to post the second most oblivious tweet we’ve seen this week,” Bee said. “You know, Ivanka, that’s a beautiful photo of you and your child, but let me just say, one mother to another, do something about your dad’s immigration practices you feckless cunt!”
How repulsive. And it’s not true either, as we’ve explained multiple times:
These children weren’t ripped from their parents. They were unaccompanied minors sent over the border, as explained by a Vox reporter:
Good morning, everyone! I’m seeing a lot of tweets about how 1,475 children “taken from their parents” were lost by HHS. That’s wrong. Most children sent to HHS—before last fall, ALL children sent to HHS—arrived in the US as unaccompanied minors.— Dara Lind (@DLind) May 25, 2018
The original story published by @nixonron in April—which some of us have been citing/talking about since then—makes clear we’re talking about 1475 of 7K kids HHS tried to contact from Oct-Dec 2017, ie who’d been placed w/sponsors before then. https://t.co/XwBPFx5xVG— Dara Lind (@DLind) May 25, 2018
Lind goes on to point out that many of the families that took the 1500 children may have gone off the grid:
FYI, another point about this: we do not know how many of these children weren’t located because they and their relatives in the US (who might even be their parents!) made the decision to go off the grid to reduce deportation risk.— Dara Lind (@DLind) May 26, 2018
Samantha Bee’s vicious attack on Ivanka Trump sent Glenn Beck into a Twitter rant where he tries to convince Bee not to be like he once was…or she’ll one day regret it:
1. iamsambee - I am saddened that this is where you have ended up. I know you feel passionately about this issue as do I am millions of other Americans. We disagree on much I am sure, but I was there on the border when those pics were taken under O.. https://t.co/h3AIdJXqx4— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) May 31, 2018
2.@iamsambee con’t: I spoke out passionately as did other conservatives on how DHS/ICE was woefully ill equipped to handle these children. Many came without parents, but as I pointed out at the time, not only where they being kept in cages ... https://t.co/h3AIdJXqx4— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) May 31, 2018
3.@iamsambee but brothers and sisters were broken up. If you were a six year old girl and you came with your ten year old brother, you were each caged apart from one another alone by age group and it only gets worse... con’t https://t.co/h3AIdJXqx4— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) May 31, 2018
4. @iamsambee no one cared about this story. I spoke with compassion and did everything we could to get someone, ANYONE to take notice. I had border guards who risked everything to give us the stories of these broken children, but you nor anyone else ... https://t.co/h3AIdJXqx4— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) May 31, 2018
5. @iamsambee con’t: were willing to even listen, let alone say a word as it would hurt your ‘team’. When we first met, we spoke about things we both deeply cared about, the children coming across the border was on the top of both of our lists .... https://t.co/h3AIdJXqx4— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) May 31, 2018
6.@iamsambee con’t kids have been raped and ‘lost’ under more than the last 2 admin’s; families sold into the drug trade; as well as current us citizens put in danger by refusing to address security first. We can help these children ... https://t.co/h3AIdJXqx4— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) May 31, 2018
7. @iamsambee cont: but not like this. When we met, you told me how many like you thought I was a monster for the things that I said. I told you, I was wrong and truly sorry, but ‘I was certain that I was right’ and that lead me down the wrong roads... https://t.co/h3AIdJXqx4— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) May 31, 2018
8. @iamsambee con’t. I warned you and begged you NOT TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES I MADE. You told me you understood. I have prayed for you and remained silent hoping the kind woman I met that day, would find her way, knowing how easily it is to get lost... https://t.co/h3AIdJXqx4— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) May 31, 2018
9. @iamsambee cont: your ‘tribe’ cheers and praises you for ‘being their voice.’ You believe you are doing good by saying what your friends want to say, but Sam, trust me YOU WILL REGRET WHAT YOU ARE DOING SOME DAY. I humbly ask you to please stop ... https://t.co/h3AIdJXqx4— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) May 31, 2018
9. @iamsambee con’t: you will not change things this way - trust me I know - I felt just as passionately as you do now. I still do. I could have said this kind of thing about O when Yazidis / Christians and Muslims were being crucified by ISIS and ... https://t.co/h3AIdJXqx4— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) May 31, 2018
10. @iamsambee cont: ..and America did nothing. Instead, I stopped ranting and trusted my audience to be better than me and we worked hard to rescue and relocate 8,000 refugees, 106 w&Children slaves and fed 30k for months w/ https://t.co/kUizqNosp0 https://t.co/h3AIdJFP8u— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) May 31, 2018
12. @iamsambee con’t: ..I will be torn apart by your fans and mine for writing this to you. I have nothing to gain, but we ALL have everything to lose. Neither side can do this alone.we need to stop tearing each other apart, it will only lead to more hate https://t.co/h3AIdJXqx4— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) May 31, 2018
13. @iamsambee we have all failed on the border. And we are all failing. MLK was right. Only love conquers hate. I know you ‘serve your tribe’ and are doing “a show”. You also believe in what you preach. So did and do I. PLEASE ... https://t.co/h3AIdJXqx4— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) May 31, 2018
14 and final @iamsambee ... please, do not become everything you believe I was. I didn’t see it at the time. I was certain. It is your https://t.co/QgiAxoFlx6 told me you love this country. I believe you.serve her - don’t pour gas on the fire-as I did. https://t.co/h3AIdJXqx4— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) May 31, 2018