The FBI is now saying that it received tips about the Youtube channel of the Oklahoma City Shooter, but deemed it wasn’t worth a followup:
FOX NEWS – The FBI says it was contacted about a YouTube channel associated with the Oklahoma City restaurant shooting suspect but determined no further action was needed.
The FBI said Saturday it was contacted twice about the channel associated with 28-year-old Alexander Tilghman, killed by bystanders after wounding three people on Thursday.
Officials say a caller earlier this month reported concerns about the channel, but didn’t mention any potential threat of violence and didn’t have knowledge of the man possessing weapons. The FBI says per protocol, no further investigation was warranted.
Earlier this year, the FBI got an informal tip regarding the YouTube account but determined the content was protected by the First Amendment.
In the channel, Tilghman describes demons possessing his TV and says he’s “really losing it.”
Couldn’t they have looked into it a little? They say they didn’t know that he owned a gun, but if they’d just done a cursory investigation, they would have easily figured out his name and then determined that he worked as an armed guard.
The FBI got lucky this time. No one was killed except for the suspect.