Wow it’s not slowing down. Now it’s Rep. Farenthold’s turn – he was the guy who settled a harassment claim with $84,000 provided by the taxpayers…
Rep. Mia Love tells @KateBolduan that Rep. Farenthold should resign— MJ Lee (@mj_lee) December 8, 2017
What, this guy? Nooooo:
John Conyers is gone.— TrumpsTaxes (@TrumpsTaxes) December 7, 2017
Al Franken is going.
Yet THIS GUY paid $83,000 of taxpayer money to his sexual harassment victim and is STILL IN CONGRESS.
RT if you think it's Blake Farenthold's turn to resign. pic.twitter.com/O8rrANFJVS
More from Politico:
The House Ethics Committee on Thursday said it has launched an investigation into Rep. Blake Farenthold amid allegations that he sexually harassed a former aide and then retaliated when she complained about it.
Why it matters: Politico reported last week that a $84,000 sexual harassment settlement was paid by the Office of Congressional Ethics in 2014, using tax-payer funds, following allegations against Farenthold. Farenthold said this week he will repay the money, adding “I want to be clear that I didn’t do anything wrong, but I also don’t want taxpayers to be on the hook for this.”
The panel will also examine whether the Texas Republican had discriminated against the staffer on the basis of her gender, retaliated against her for complaining of discriminatory conduct and made inappropriate statements to other staffers.
And the hits just keep comin’…