Today on Disrupt with Karen Finney on MSNBC, MSNBC’s Finney brings on special guest MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry to discuss the story of Megyn Kelly’s Fox News story about whether the story of Santa Claus is a story about some old white guy or rather, instead, should be a story about a penguin in a hat.
The point of this pointless conversation is that everyone should be willing to “have that conversation” because it’s “worth having a conversation about” due to the fact that there are a lot of “interesting Santa conversations to be had.” It’s a FACT!! The conclusion host Finney draws from this conversation about conversations worth having is “who cares?” Who cares, or has any idea what is going on anymore, indeed, Mrs. Megyn Finney-Perry Claus.
The two hosts give Megyn Kelly a deserved break, pointing out that she was doing her best with what is, at heart, an unserious story. However, it remains that both hosts suggest that this is a conversation worth having, except for the whole “who cares” bit. (And they took a few asides to trot out liberal canards such as “peace on Earth and goodwill to men comes from the government.” Yeah. I know.) It was an altogether muddled segment and interview but, given the subject matter, what can you expect? It’s the real world application of the Seinfeld “show about nothing” principle! Only with more nothing.
And now, here we are, and I have written a pointless post about a pointless interview about a pointless controversy about a pointless article about a non-existent problem with an existence-to-be-determined legendary figure and his irrelevant skin color as it pertains to imaginary ills suffered by hypothetical children confronted with innocuous imagery relating to the receiving of mysterious gifts to be opened on a magical morning. AS THE ANCIENTS HAVE FORETOLD.
- Alternate Healines:
- I’m Dreaming Of A White Santa, Just Like The Racist Power Structure I Used To Know
- Fox Newsistan And The Claus Conundrum
- Kris Kringle KLaus And Elfpartheid
- Here Comes Santa Claus, Destroyer Of Worlds
- Everything You Never Wanted To Know About Santa’s Carpet And Drapes And Were Afraid To Ask
… and of course,
Previously on The Right Scoop:
- #RedEye Panel On White Santa: TV’s @AndyLevy Says “Make Him Or Her Purple”
– Megyn Kelly responds to white Santa OUTRAGE
– Liberal MSNBC Host Lies About O’Reilly, Gets Extra Snide About Christmas