The Right Scoop Commenting Rules
Any comments that fall within the following categories will most likely be deleted:
- Abusive, Ad Hominem, Overly Mean-Spirited. Attack arguments and ideas, not people. And please refrain from wishing bodily harm, death, or illness on others. Ad hominem arguments (in which one attacks a speaker to try and disqualify an argument’s validity) are not appreciated. A clarification on this point. If you want to comment that “Sean Hannity is an idiot” or “Barack Obama is a moron” that will probably be tolerated — though not particularly appreciated. What will not be tolerated is direct ad hominems toward The Right Scoop’s writers, editors, and commenters.
- Hyperbolic Nazi References. Try not to compare people to Hitler and the Nazis unless they’re actually advocating anti-Semitism, racism, or genocide. See Godwin’s Law. These references usually poison debate and are indicative of intellectual laziness.
- Filled with profanity. If you feel like an expletive helps make your point then just follow the first letter with a few stars. Censored profanity is acceptable.
- Disgusting. Let’s avoid toilet humor and pornographic commentary. We’re not in third grade any more.
- Off topic. The exception to this would be our “open threads” in which you can create your own topic for discussion.
- Ads or Spam. Though we welcome you to post a link to your blog if you’re responding to one of our bloggers at your own site.
- Racist, sexist, and homophobic. The Right Scoop takes a more realistic attitude toward what constitutes these concepts than leftist sites would. Being against one of President Obama’s policies is not racist. Being opposed to him because he’s half-black is racist. Being against gay marriage is not homophobic. Suggesting that gays need to get AIDS and die is. Holocaust Denial will be considered Anti-Semitism and will not be tolerated.
- Duplicates. Please do not copy and paste the exact same comment on multiple threads.
- Other Source Material. Please do not post someone else’s source material such as a blog post or an article as your comment. You are more than welcome to provide a link to the article or blog post with a short summary or even a short quote, but posting other source material is prohibited.
- Threats. If you threaten or intimidate another commenter, a post’s author, or a public figure then you will immediately be banned from posting on The Right Scoop and you will be reported to the proper authorities.
- COMMENTS THAT ARE WRITTEN IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS OR ALL BOLDED THESE COMMENTS PROBABLY WON’T BE DELETED BUT THEY ARE REALLY ANNOYING TO READ AND USUALLY WILL NOT BE GIVEN VERY MUCH RESPECT. [If you have to use all caps because of vision problems then that’s acceptable. Please just mention that in your first comment.
- Internet Trolls.