The Right Scoop Commenting Rules
Any comments that fall within the following categories will most likely be deleted:
- Abusive, Ad Hominem, Overly Mean-Spirited. Attack arguments and ideas, not people. And please refrain from wishing bodily harm, death, or illness on others. Ad hominem arguments (in which one attacks a speaker to try and disqualify an argument’s validity) are not appreciated. A clarification on this point. If you want to comment that “Sean Hannity is an idiot” or “Barack Obama is a moron” that will probably be tolerated — though not particularly appreciated. What will not be tolerated is direct ad hominems toward The Right Scoop’s writers, editors, and commenters.
- Hyperbolic Nazi References. Try not to compare people to Hitler and the Nazis unless they’re actually advocating anti-Semitism, racism, or genocide. See Godwin’s Law. These references usually poison debate and are indicative of intellectual laziness.
- Filled with profanity. If you feel like an expletive helps make your point then just follow the first letter with a few stars. Censored profanity is acceptable.
- Disgusting. Let’s avoid toilet humor and pornographic commentary. We’re not in third grade any more.
- Off topic. The exception to this would be our “open threads” in which you can create your own topic for discussion.
- Ads or Spam. Though we welcome you to post a link to your blog if you’re responding to one of our bloggers at your own site.
- Racist, sexist, and homophobic. The Right Scoop takes a more realistic attitude toward what constitutes these concepts than leftist sites would. Being against one of President Obama’s policies is not racist. Being opposed to him because he’s half-black is racist. Being against gay marriage is not homophobic. Suggesting that gays need to get AIDS and die is. Holocaust Denial will be considered Anti-Semitism and will not be tolerated.
- Duplicates. Please do not copy and paste the exact same comment on multiple threads.
- Other Source Material. Please do not post someone else’s source material such as a blog post or an article as your comment. You are more than welcome to provide a link to the article or blog post with a short summary or even a short quote, but posting other source material is prohibited.
- Threats. If you threaten or intimidate another commenter, a post’s author, or a public figure then you will immediately be banned from posting on The Right Scoop and you will be reported to the proper authorities.
- COMMENTS THAT ARE WRITTEN IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS OR ALL BOLDED – THESE COMMENTS MIGHT BE DELETED BECAUSE THEY ARE VERY DISRUPTIVE TO THE FLOW OF THE COMMENT SECTION.
- Internet Trolls.