Can you guess which NFL teams have been hit worst by crony capitalism in subsidies from their local governments? Well, the libertarian pot-smokers at REASON.com compiled the worst offenders to annoy your Superbowl festivities in this short video:
And for those of you who are too busy working to earn those subsidies to watch a minute long video, here are the teams with the worst cases of crony capitalism paying for their stadiums:
5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: $194 million, 100% funded by the public.
4) Cleveland Browns: $271 million, 74% funded by the public.
3) Baltimore Ravens: $226 million, 90% funded by the public.
2) Indianapolis Colts: $719.6 million, 86% funded by the public.
1) Cincinnati Bengals: $449.8 million, 94% funded by the public.
Wow that’s a lot of moolah for some pretty crappy cities that probably can’t afford it. Now I love NFL football, but the way in which the multi-billion dollar industry makes a profit by screwing over stupid city officials in their deals for funding stadiums does irk me as a conservative. But then again, you get the politicians you vote for, right?