It’s nice to see so many conservative states fighting back in this war against unborn babies and another state has now stepped up to the plate and signed a bill banning abortions into law:
LIFE NEWS – Today, Governor Mike Parson signed into law the “Missouri Stands For the Unborn Act,” SS SCS HB 126. This is groundbreaking legislation that will save lives and set the standard for pro-life legislation nationwide.
The Senate approved the bill in a 24-10 vote early Thursday and the House put the finishing touches on the bill last week and now the bill to ban abortions after unborn babies have detectable heartbeats becomes state law.
I’m totally not ok with only banning abortions after a heartbeat is detected, but at least we are moving the ball in the right direction.
Don’t get me wrong. This is significant legislation because, as I understand it, the time in which an unborn baby has a detectable heartbeat coincides with the time a women learns she’s pregnant and therefore this law would wipe out most or nearly all abortions. Which is why the left opposes these laws with such vitriol.
Here’s what the new law will do according to Life News:
- ban abortion at detection of a heartbeat at 8 weeks, if overturned
- ban abortion at 14 weeks, if overturned
- ban abortion at 18 weeks
- require 2nd custodial parent notification
- require Missouri informed consent requirements for out-of-state abortion referrals
- increase required malpractice insurance to 3 million dollars
- increase to 70% of the donation, tax credits for donations to Pregnancy Resource Centers and lifts the limit on the amount of the donation
- ban abortion when Roe v. Wade is overturned
- ban abortion for race, gender and Down Syndrome diagnosis
This is a very good law and hopefully it, or the Alabama law, will lead to the banning of Roe v. Wade.
In that instance, as you can see above, bills like these will utterly ban abortions and the heartbeat provision will no longer matter.