More information is coming out about that horrible shooting at our military base, and as expected, it’s just getting worse and worse:
BREAKING: US official: Base shooter hosted dinner party to watch mass shooting videos night before fatal attack.— The Associated Press (@AP) December 7, 2019
More from the Associated Press:
The Saudi student who fatally shot three people at a U.S. naval base in Florida hosted a dinner party earlier in the week where he and three others watched videos of mass shootings, a U.S. official told The Associated Press on Saturday.
One of the three students who attended the dinner party videotaped outside the building while the shooting was taking place at Naval Air Station Pensacola on Friday, said the U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity after being briefed by federal authorities. Two other Saudi students watched from a car, the official said.
The official said 10 Saudi students were being held on the base Saturday while several others were unaccounted for.
Oh that’s good news. Geez.
More from the AP:
A U.S. official who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity on Friday identified the shooter as Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani. The official wasn’t authorized to discuss the matter publicly. The official also said the FBI was examining social media posts and investigating whether he acted alone or was connected to any broader group.
The assault, which prompted a massive law enforcement response and base lockdown, ended when a sheriff’s deputy killed the attacker. Eight people were hurt in the attack, including the deputy and a second deputy who was with him.
And we found out last night that other Saudis were allegedly recording the attack, so it looks like it was planned and coordinated. Just terrible.