Raul Castro says that his murderous regime will continue to be a stain on humanity for another two months beyond what was planned.
BREAKING: Cuban President Raul Castro says he will continue to head the government until April, two months longer than expected.
— The Associated Press (@AP) December 22, 2017
More from the Hill:
Cuba’s parliament voted Thursday to extend its legislative period from February to April, delaying the transition from Raúl Castro to a new president, Reuters reported.
The delay was caused by Hurricane Irma, which ripped through the island in September before making landfall in Florida, Reuters reported, citing Cuban state-run media.
Castro, 86, has promised to step down in 2018 when his second term as president ends.
The country had already delayed municipal elections planned for October by a month, according to the news service.
The Trump administration has rolled back former President Barack Obama’s policies opening diplomatic ties with Cuba. Trump announced earlier this year new restrictions on travel and commercial ties.
Let’s hope he doesn’t find some other reason to extend his scumbag rule…