YouTube banned Trump from their service over two years ago for January 6th, just like other social media outlets.
But now they say he can come back and there are no restrictions on his account.
Here’s more from New York Post:
President Trump will be allowed back on YouTube after a more than two-year ban, the platform told The Post Friday.
The video-streaming service owned by Google suspended Trump’s account on Jan 12, 2021 in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 Capitol Riot.
YouTube public policy VP Leslie Miller said that beginning Friday, Trump can return to his channel with more than 2.5 million followers and is “is no longer restricted and the ability to upload new content is restored.”
“We carefully evaluated the continued risk of real-world violence, balancing that with the importance of preserving the opportunity for voters to hear equally from major national candidates in the run-up to an election,” Miller said in a statement.
The announcement comes after Trump was allowed back on Facebook and Instagram as he mounts another run for President. He was also allowed back on Twitter but hasn’t been using his account.
I don’t know if Trump will actually come back to YouTube and start uploading videos again.
For campaign reasons we might see him use it at some point since he’s running for president, but otherwise I don’t see him running back to the platform since he’s got Rumble now.
Facebook unbanned Trump earlier this year, but he’s yet to use their service. Same for Twitter.